Wireless Network Card Installation

Karl Pearson karlp at ourldsfamily.com
Sun May 23 05:14:35 UTC 2010

On Sat, May 22, 2010 9:00 pm, Mike Sacauskis wrote:
> I'm just installed redhat and am trying to configure the wireless
> network card.  It fails when I try to activate it with.  It does not
> provide any more information other than it failed.  I'm using a d-link N
> extreme PCI express card.  Is there a log that I can get more
> information about the failure?

You might look in /var/log/messages when you try to activate it. Do

tailf /var/log/messages

as root, or do

sudo tailf /var/log/messages

if you've entered your login to the sudoers file (/etc/sudoers)

Also, you might try installing and activating NetworkManager and
NetworkManager-gnome

Karl

---
Karl Pearson
Karlp at ourldsfamily.com
Owner/Administrator of the sites at
http://ourldsfamily.com
---
"To mess up your Linux PC, you have to really work at it;
 to mess up a microsoft PC you just have to work on it."
---
 Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have
 for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.
 --Benjamin Franklin
---
 Children seldom misquote you. In fact, they usually
 repeat word for word what you shouldn't have said.
---