After RHEL 6 installation, no GUI

Jimmy Pierre jimmypierre.rouen.france at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 20:30:30 UTC 2010

-----Original Message-----
From: redhat-install-list-bounces at redhat.com
[mailto:redhat-install-list-bounces at redhat.com] On Behalf Of Rick Stevens
Sent: lundi 15 novembre 2010 18:30
To: Getting started with Red Hat Linux
Subject: Re: After RHEL 6 installation, no GUI

On 11/14/2010 03:14 AM, Jimmy PIERRE wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I am a bit lost. Never had this before with RHEL 5. Installed RHEL 6
> normally, added gnome and KDE, RHEL starts in text mode only.
>
> Reintstalled, same problem.
>
> I need to point out that this is a vmware installtion, *but* as I said
> never happenned with RHEL 5.
>
> Tried grub-install etc. No luck. startx or startX neither.
>
> Glad if someone knows how to solve this.

/var/log/Xorg.0.log file and see what it has to say.
I tried all this of course. No, it was not an upgrade from RHEL 5. I will
tell you what, I reinstalled RHEL 6 again. This time I perused the
navigation bars and found well hidden in the X options the window X. I
ticked it et voilà.

Great that you took the trouble to write back to me Rick.
Cheers,