problem with cluster.conf

Bertei Massimiliano massimiliano.bertei at citterio.com
Tue Sep 28 12:00:09 UTC 2010

Hi!

I had install redhat 5.2 in a cluster configuration (2 redhat server)
and I used this in cluster.conf this:

[...]

<clusternode name="mhs1.local" nodeid="1" votes="1">
                        <fence>
                                <method name="1">
                                        <device name="ilo_mhs1"/>
                                </method>
                        </fence>
                        <multicast addr="224.0.0.1" interface="eth2"/>
                </clusternode>

[...]

And it works very well!!!!

But now I replace the same server configuration (hw) but I use redhat
5.5 and when I used the configuration part that you see up,
This return an error because I can't use  "interface="eth2" " and into
the GUI configuration I can't find multicast interface.

Do you know if is only a my proble or the different version of red hat
change the metod of cluster?
Any other ideas?

thanks