Kickstarting CentOS 6

Ronald McCarty mccarty at yournetguard.com
Wed Aug 17 14:47:57 UTC 2011

I've got two questions concerning the installation of CentOS6:

1) Has anyone kickstarted CentOS 6 successfully?
2) What is the complete path for the url --url parameter?  Should it point
to the "root" directory containing all the files and directories from the
DVD media, or should it point to a subdirectory?  I've tried the various
permutations with no luck.

The error I am getting is "Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml).
 I'm running tcpdump and see the fetching of the kickstart.ks file (called
centos6.ks in my case), so I have networking and security set up correctly.
 I've also got all the files owned by the web server user (apache) and they
are readable when viewing via a web browser.

Any insight is appreciated.

--
--ron
Ronald McCarty