Changing back to "Re:Remove ehci_hcd"

redhat redhat at billoblog.com
Wed Jul 13 19:33:34 UTC 2011

On Wed, 13 Jul 2011, Rick Stevens wrote:

> Also do not reply to a thread and then change the subject to try to
> create a new thread.  That doesn't work.  You must create a new thread
> by creating a new message--not a reply.  Doing this sort of thing breaks
> message threading in mail clients.
>
> The only time it's proper to change the subject of a thread is to make
> it more descriptive such as "Solved:".

That's odd.  I subscribe to a number of message lists on a number of subjects, and the issue is usually just the opposite -- that there is thread drift and nobody bothers to relabel the subject line appropriately.  On those lists, folk complain because people *don't* change the subject line...

billo