Sendmail/Spamassasin/Spam

Tim Thorburn immortal at nwconx.net
Tue Mar 8 06:37:08 UTC 2011

On 3/7/2011 1:55 PM, Bret Stern wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I'm hosted on Verio VPS Red Hat Enterprise 3.
>
> Haven't spent a lot of time with Sendmail, but i'm getting
> pissed with all the spam, and probably need a basic understanding
> of the mail services.
>
> Using:
> Sendmail 8.14.4
> SpamAssassin
>
> Can I setup (similar to IPTABLES), reject all mail
> except from specific domains using the access db?
>
> I've seen some samples, but not specifically what I want to do....
> or is this not a good idea.
>
> As always, thanks.
Check out some of the RBL's you can install using the vinstall command.
I believe most VPS' came preinstalled with at least one RBL, however you
can install a number of additional lists.  You could also try adjusting
SpamAssassin sensitivity to handle some of the spam.  Not sure how the
newer cpanel VPS servers handle the spam issue.

-Tim