where could I get RHEV6

Rick Stevens ricks at alldigital.com
Fri Aug 24 17:55:01 UTC 2012

On 08/24/2012 10:36 AM, lei yang uttered this comment:
> On Sat, Aug 25, 2012 at 12:45 AM, Rick Stevens <ricks at alldigital.com> wrote:
>> On 08/24/2012 09:25 AM, lei yang uttered this comment:
>>
>>> Thank for this info, I have another question
>>>
>>> Q1:Is there any difference for RHEL6 and RHEV6, Is there a full name?
>>>
>>> Q2:Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.3 (Santiago) is RHEL6 or
>>> RHEV6?
>>

>> The family name is "Red Hat Enterprise Linux" (RHEL) and the version
>> 6 of it is called "RHEL6". Red Hat does offer a "Red Hat Enterprise
>> Virtualization" system, but I've never heard it referred to as "RHEV".
>> That doesn't mean it isn't called that, I've just never heard it.
>>

> Now,I'm been told install RHEV (Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization)

I didn't say that, Lei. I said that Red Hat has a product called "Red
Hat Enterprise Virtualization" and I also said that I've never heard
it called "RHEV".

> Does RHEL6 have offered what you said "Red Hat Enterprise
> Virtualization" system"
>
> now have a dvd "rhel-server-6.3-x86_64-dvd.iso: after installed it
> [root at localhost lyang0]# cat /etc/issue
> Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.3 (Santiago)
>
> does this dvd fufil this  “Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization”

According to their website, the Desktop system appears to permit one
simultaneous guest OS. The Server system permits from 1 to 4
simultaneous guests, depending on what you subscribed for. The
Virtualization package lets you run as many guest OSes as you have
cores, less one (for the hypervisor itself). Look for yourself:

http://www.redhat.com/products/enterprise-linux/desktop/compare.html

Check the links under "See also" to see the various options. The ISO
image you have is Server, so you can have from one to four guest
instances, once you subscribe to their support channels (and remember,
you must pay for that).

CentOS (free, remember), lets you do what the "Virtualization" package
does (as many guests as your hardware will support). You don't get
support, however.
-    First Law of Work:                                              -
-    If you can't get it done in the first 24 hours, work nights.    -