pop3 error

Can anybody tell me what a

"AUTHENTICATE twinkie failure"  is in my pop3 logs.

I have done several searches and have come up with little. I found this
quote

Jon Lewis (jlewis inorganic5 fdt net
There was a big thread about this a while back. Aparently MS uses auth
>     twinkie to check to see if you support the auth command. The response
is
>     either an error about unknown auth type or invalid command...thus
>     telling them if you support the auth command."

It also seems cucipop supports this from posts I saw around December of
1996. If somebody could point me to a place that explains these errors or
knows how to fix them in Sendmail I would greatly appreciate it.

Danyell