(OT) Mail got blocked because of SORBS/DYNABLOCK

Ed Wilts ewilts at ewilts.org
Thu Apr 1 12:47:24 UTC 2004

On Thu, Apr 01, 2004 at 07:24:09AM -0500, Reuben D. Budiardja wrote:
> So, regardless of what SMTP server he uses, he will still be tagged by the
> rule ? Well, that's not very nice of SA.

What he should be doing is sending his e-mail through his ISP's mail
server as I pointed out in an earlier response.  That e-mail will be
accepted by the ISP, and if it's then forwarded to your mail server, you
won't trigger the rule because you received the e-mail from the ISP, not
from the original sender.

The rule only gets triggered based on the SMTP server you received the
e-mail from, not from every SMTP server along the way.

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts at ewilts.org