Smart relay host in sendmail

geeta at cdfd.org.in geeta at cdfd.org.in
Fri Apr 2 18:20:51 UTC 2004

Hi Gurus,

I have installed a virus scanner in between firewall and email server
and port forwarded trafic of port 25 to the virus scanner.

so the incoming mails reaches email server through the virus scanner.

Now I want to route the outgoing mails also via the virus scanner.

Mail server is SENDMAIL and tried smart relay host and got the following
error.

Returned mail: Host unknown (Name server: mailgateway.cdfd.org.in: host
not found)

mailgateway.cdfd.org.in is the name of virus scanner.

I have included in the /etc/hosts file and is pinging.

Please help me to solve this problem and help me in routing
the mails through the virus scanner.

Thanks
Geetha Thanu

-