Upgrade Shrike to EL AS v3 failed

Ryan Golhar golharam at umdnj.edu
Tue Apr 6 18:22:19 UTC 2004

I just performed an upgrade of a RedHat 9 server to RedHat Enterprise
Linux AS v3 and it looks like it went okay.

When I look at /etc/redhat-release, it says "Red Hat Linux release 9
(Shrike)" though.  When I type in 'uname -a' is says I'm using
2.4.21-9.EL kernel.  I then ran rhn_register again to see what would
happen, and it still thinks its RedHat 9.

So my question is, is the system now Enterprise Linux cause it is using
the EL kernel, and the conf files are wrong?  If so, how do I fix this
short of doing a new install?

-----
Ryan Golhar
Computational Biologist
The Informatics Institute at
The University of Medicine & Dentistry of NJ

Phone: 973-972-5034
Fax: 973-972-7412
Email: golharam at umdnj.edu