Oracle 8i installation on RedHat Linux 7.3

Nitin Mehta nitinmehta at kappa.net.in
Fri Apr 9 08:15:10 UTC 2004

Thank you all a bunch. I did it, though I still dont know what I was
missing, I'd done all that you people suggested before. But may be it was
just the sequence or something. Thank you again to all of you.

But, now I'm facing another problem. I've started instance, db, listener and
all is working fine on the server. But, I'm still not able to connect to the
server from the client installed on windows 2000 pc. Do I have to install
something else also at server end for that (prhaps Management service)?

I'm really looking for help again. Actually, I need to connect to this
server from my application to be developed in visual basic. Please guide me
in the setup and in as much detail as possible.

Thanks in advance. Looking for some quick respone.

Nitin