package installation issue.

Stephen Kuhn skuhn at telpacific.com.au
Tue Apr 13 12:20:14 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-04-13 at 22:09, Marvin Blackburn wrote:
> I keep running into this issue.
>
> I try to load a package, say packageX.  When I try to install, it says that
> i need fileY to resolve
> some dependency.  How can I find the package that might contain that fileY,
> so I can install packageX.
>
> If a previous version of the file is on the system, you can often see what
> package it was associated with.
> But if the file is not there, what do you do.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.

http://rpmfind.net

stephen kuhn - owner
illawarra computer services
a kuhn media australia company
http://kma.0catch.com
Worst Response To A Crisis, 1985: From a readers' Q and A column in TV
GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic
pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"