RH 9 dual boot problem

Matthew Saltzman mjs at ces.clemson.edu
Tue Apr 13 16:16:03 UTC 2004

On Tue, 13 Apr 2004, Mathur, Sachin  (UMKC-Student) wrote:

> boot from thelinux cd and try to upgrade any kernel package. You should
> find an option to fiddle with the boot loader for it to give you an
> option for the dual boot.

Or try grub-install(8).

Or read the info files for grub.  It's not too hard to get grub
reinstalled to your satisfaction, but I don't have a step-by-step
procedure handy.

BTW, on my dual-boot machines, I tend to like to install grub in the boot
record for the /boot partition and set /boot active with fdisk.  That
avoids the problem of having Windows overwriting it every reinstall.
After reinstalling Windows, one just needs to run fdisk and set /boot
active again to have grub work.

--
		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences