Help!!!!! Mime type deletion

Eric Whitcombe ericw200 at covad.net
Wed Apr 14 23:39:00 UTC 2004

I have noticed that people with mime questions don't seem to get answers
posted. But I'll try anyway.

In trying to work out the problem below I deleted the mime type
x-directory/normal. Now I can't get any settings for this type to save.
Neither through nautilus nor Control Center | File Types and programs.

If I recerate the type I get the message that it already exists and even
if I overwrite it doesn't save.
I am pulling my hair out at how hard it is to get ANY info on what seems
to me really simple issues.  Is anybody out there?????

Eric W

I would like to be able to launch a shell terminal window that starts in
the directory I select in nautilus.

In windows it's a real simple .inf file called "Command Prompt Here". It
is installed with XP.

I have tried adding a custom Open With for directories that runs bash
but it seems to run a bash window which goes away immedaitely. (that's
if I click "run in terminal"). I tried specifying gnome-terminal and
that doesn't work.

Anyone got a tip. This seems like a real intuitive feature that should
be automatically installed with linux. More so than windows.