RedHat slow boot

Stephen Kuhn skuhn at telpacific.com.au
Sat Apr 17 19:13:49 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-04-18 at 05:03, Dinh Tien Tuan Anh wrote:
> I tried to plugged the network cable out, and it booted up as fast as before
> and application starting up fast as well. But when plug the cable in, that
> slowed again.
> So how to solve it ? (I'm using DHCP)

Being on DHCP it's going to take time to lease and IP and resolve it;
can't you use a static IP for your eth0?

stephen kuhn - owner
illawarra computer services
a kuhn media australia company
http://kma.0catch.com
When in this world the headlines read Of those whose hearts are filled
with greed Who rob and steal from those who need The cry goes up with
blinding speed for Underdog (UNDERDOG!) Underdog (UNDERDOG!) Speed of
lightning, roar of thunder Fighting all who rob or plunder Underdog
(ah-ah-ah-ah) Underdog UNDERDOG!