missing redhat-config* packages in RHEL AS

Matthew Saltzman mjs at ces.clemson.edu
Mon Apr 19 15:36:45 UTC 2004

On Sun, 18 Apr 2004, Carlos Bermudez wrote:

> I just recently upgraded to RHEL AS from Rehat 9 and I was
> very dissapointed to find that many of the redhat-config*
> utilities are missing, in particular the
> redhat-config-securitylevel, redhat-config utility for
> samba and redhat-config-pakages.  Though I realize I may
> make changes manually sometimes I dont' have time to look
> up the syntax for the various rules or edit the config files,
> then when i was reading the RHEL, documentation I read a
> section on using the rehat-config-securitylevel tool.
> What gives?  are these packages still available or not?  I
> used up2date --installall --channel=....    to install all
> available packages and I still don't have it, and i've also
> searchedthrough rhn to find the individual packages and
> through the .iso's to no avail.  Any feedback would be appreciated,
> thanks in advance.

This is from an RHES 3 installation I have (straight off the CDs):

[mjs at iolanthe mjs]$ rpm -qa "redhat-*"
redhat-menus-0.39-1
redhat-config-securitylevel-tui-1.2.9-1
redhat-config-date-1.5.22-1
redhat-config-rootpassword-1.0.6-1
redhat-logviewer-0.9.3-5
redhat-config-proc-0.22-1
redhat-switch-mail-gnome-0.5.20-1
redhat-config-xfree86-0.7.7-1
redhat-release-3ES-7
redhat-logos-1.1.14.3-1
redhat-config-mouse-1.0.13-1
redhat-lsb-1.3-3
redhat-config-printer-0.6.47.3.13-1
redhat-config-keyboard-1.1.4-1
redhat-config-language-1.0.14-2
redhat-config-securitylevel-1.2.9-1
redhat-config-users-1.1.18-1
redhat-artwork-0.73.2-1E
redhat-config-services-0.8.5-19
redhat-config-nfs-1.0.13-1
redhat-java-rpm-scripts-1.0.2-2
redhat-config-samba-1.0.16-1
redhat-config-httpd-1.1.0-4
redhat-switch-mail-0.5.20-1
redhat-config-network-tui-1.2.59-1
redhat-config-network-1.2.59-1
redhat-config-packages-1.2.9-1
redhat-config-soundcard-1.0.8-1
redhat-config-printer-gui-0.6.47.3.13-1
redhat-rpm-config-8.0.28-1
redhat-config-bind-2.0.0-14
redhat-config-kickstart-2.3.20-1

[mjs at iolanthe mjs]$ up2date --show-channels
rhel-i386-es-3
rhel-i386-es-3-extras
rhel-i386-es-3-devsuite

--