ftp change directory

Richard Wigfall wigfallr at musc.edu
Mon Apr 19 16:05:42 UTC 2004

I am running RH Advanced Server 2.1 and cannot navigate out of my home
directory when connected to the system with wu-ftp version 2.6.1-23.2,
which is the version included and updated through up2date.  The error
indicates lack of permissions.  I am also still running RH 6.2 on
another machine and have always been able to navigate to any directory I
want, and the permissions are the same on both machines.
Can anyone tell me what is the problem and how to fix it?