KDE 3.2.1 problems after konstruct

Michael S. Dunsavage mikesd at frontiernet.net
Mon Apr 19 17:35:06 UTC 2004

I used konstruct to compile kde 3.2.1 on Redhat 9.0

KDE loads okay, for the most part.

However,

When I click no the K-menu button under the All Applications heading
it's empty and says No Entries grayed out.

I cannot open Date and Time format to change the clock format to 24 hour
time

I cannot open control cente from the little magnifying glass on the
start bar

running kcontrol from the konsole gets
  kio (KSycoca): Trying to open ksycoca from
/var/tmp/kdecache-mikesd/ksycoca
kcontrol: WARNING: No K menu group with X-KDE-BaseGroup=settings found !
Defaulting to Settings/

Using kmenuedit won't save any of the menus

I have set exports in .bashrc

    export QTDIR=/usr/local/kde3.2.1
    export KDEDIR=/usr/local/kde3.2.1
    export KDEDIRS=/usr/local/kde3.2.1
    export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/kde3.2.1/lib
    export PATH=/usr/local/kde3.2.1/bin:$PATH

    export KDEHOME=~/.kde

So, what can I do?
--
Michael S. Dunsavage