VMWare and RedHat

Stephen Kuhn skuhn at telpacific.com.au
Wed Apr 21 00:24:30 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-04-21 at 02:36, Stamper, Steve wrote:
> I'm looking for experiences (for or against) running multiple/mixed
> RedHat and Windoze as "Guest Operating Systems" in a VMWare server
> environment.

VMware SERVER, or VMware Workstation?
The two are different...

My girlfriend and I both run VMware Workstation 4.0.5 for testing of
OS's (she also does Oracle under a "host" with Windows AS 2003);
performance is nice for what we're doing - also I run XP Pro so I can
use Adobe Photoshop 7.0 for doing photo manipulation...however, I do
make use of TWO virtual disks so that my temp and swap are on one and
the OS is on the first...ain't all that bad in full screen mode...faster
than some machines I've dealt with...

BTW, I'm running it on an AMD XP 2000 with 1gb of RAM...

stephen kuhn - owner
illawarra computer services
a kuhn media australia company
http://kma.0catch.com
You cannot know both the location of a female and that she is single at
any given time. If the location of the female in question is known, see
Law #1 -- The Heisenberg Principle of Dating % Men and women will act
rationally when all other possibilities have been exhausted. -- Katz's
Law