Port 2401 & CVS

María José Reartes mjreartes at innsa.com
Fri Apr 23 20:15:51 UTC 2004

Hi,

Does anyone know how to open port 2401? I had configured my cvs linux
server (RedHat Linux 7.3) but when I try to connect from a windows
client (which runs cvs client) with method “pserver” I receive the
following message:

cvs.exe [import aborted]: connect to
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx(xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx):2401 failed: Connection refused

I’d run command “socklist” on the linux machine and I’d found that port
2401 isn’t listening

Any ideas?

That’s what I did so far:
-          ran “chkconfig –list cvspserver” and it’s “on”
-          created cvspserver file on /etc/xinetd.d/ with the following
configuration
service cvspserver
{
        disable = no
        flags=          NAMEINARGS
        socket_type=    stream
        protocol=       tcp
        wait=           no
        user=           root
        server=         /usr/bin/cvs
        server_args=    --allow-root=/var/cvs -f pserver
        port=           2401
}
-          ran “grep cvspserver /etc/services” with these results
cvspserver      2401/tcp                        # CVS client/server
operations
#cvspserver     2401/udp                        # CVS client/server
operations
-          ran ipchains –list | grep cvspserver with these results
ACCEPT     tcp  -y----  anywhere             anywhere              any
->   cvspserver
ACCEPT     tcp  ------  anywhere             anywhere
cvspserver ->   any