How to configure sendmail to use smarthost with authentication

Rade Trimceski rtrimces at mtu.edu
Tue Apr 27 17:59:04 UTC 2004

Hello all --

I know this might not be the most appropriate email list for this
question but it's worth the try and I've seen plenty of sendmail
questions here anyway :).

I'm running RH9 and ximian for a mail client.

I want to setup sendmail to forward all my outgoing mail to an smtp
server which requires authentication and SSL. Can someone give me an
example script or something to go with. Google and sendmail.org are not
helpful.

Disclaimer: I'm a total newbie to sendmail.

Thanks,
Rade