Trying to dial into AOL with RH9

Edward edward at tripled.iinet.net.au
Wed Apr 28 07:40:13 UTC 2004

Billy Davis wrote:

> We have an internal modem installed in a RH9 Server, and
> have been trying to dial into AOL.  The server will successfully
> dial and connect, but we never get the AOL login screen.
> Instead, the Server simply disconnects after a minute or so.
> Is it possible to login to AOL with RH9?  If so, what are we
> failing to do?

If your AOL is anything like the AOL we have here in Australia, then I'm
not sure this can be done. Here in Australia, it's not a 'true'
internet, more like an 'internet for dummies', which would be fine, but
their whole login process is proprietary, so I'm not sure anybody's
written anything like that for Linux.

Regards,
Ed.