PCMICA - Toshiba laptop

Mike Koponick mike at redhawk.info
Thu Apr 29 15:20:05 UTC 2004

Hello all,

I'm currently installing Redhat 9.0 on my Toshiba Satellite 2545CDS and
am running into one issue (so far).

I had problems getting the PCMCIA going, but used the following URL:
http://www.geocities.com/yacarf/toshib.txt to correct the issues. All
seems to work fine.

Now that I have the PCMCIA drivers going, I inserted my LinkSys PCM100
ethernet card and heard the appropriate "beeps". Once I configured the
Ethernet adapter using "setup" all seemed to work fine, the link light
was on, etc. However the laptop locked up soon afterwards. When booting
with the Ethernet card installed, the booting process stops after the
PCMCIA drivers are loaded, then I see a message, "ip_tables: (c)
2000-2002 Betfilter core team" This is where it locks up.

I tried shutting off IPTABLES ($ chkconfig iptables off) but this did
not work either.

Does anyone have any suggestions where I might find a clue to what is
going on? I checked the /var/log/messages file, nothing was noted.

Thanks in advance,

Mike