[Q] which wireless card support Redhat AS 2.1 and 3.0 ???????

Tobias Speckbacher tobias at quova.com
Thu Apr 1 01:15:05 UTC 2004

This may help.

http://www.linux-wlan.org/docs/wlan_adapters.html.gz

-----Original Message-----
From: redhat-list-bounces at redhat.com
[mailto:redhat-list-bounces at redhat.com] On Behalf Of Edward Dekkers
Sent: Wednesday, March 31, 2004 4:37 PM
To: General Red Hat Linux discussion list
Subject: Re: [Q] which wireless card support Redhat AS 2.1 and 3.0
???????

bbaa aaa wrote:

> I just purchase D-Link DWL-g520 wireless card and plan to install it
on
> DELL PC with Redhat AS 3.0 on it.  I check D-Link site and found
DWL-520
> does NOT have driver for LINUX.  I also check Netgear MA311.  It also
NO
> driver for LINUX.
>
> Does anyone know which company have wireless card support Redhat AS
2.1
> and 3.0?
>
> Thanks.

I will be running in to the same problem as you shortly, as I will be
setting up an office with G520 cards.

So far I've had no response from D-Link regarding my query on Linux
support. I DO know there's a Linux wrapper somewhere floating around
which lets you use the wireless card's included NDIS drivers under
Linux, however, how successful it is I haven't a clue.

If you do find something out though - I would appreciate if you let ME
know before I have to tackle this myself.

Regards,
Ed.