Sync Clocks

Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz at simpaticus.com
Thu Apr 1 02:02:46 UTC 2004

At 19:08 3/31/2004, you wrote:
>I had a Dell PowerEdge with RHL AS 2.1 and oracle ent. 9.2.03, the system
>clock go forward 30sec every day (each 15 day go 7min), but the hardware
>clock works fine , how can I sync the clocks with out program a cron job,

I suggest that you have some NTP server always available for the rest of
the machines on your network, so that all of them can keep the correct
time. In this case, if this is an important server, then it may as well be
the time server too. :-) But even if you don't use this machine to serve
the time to others, running "ntpd" (the Network Time Protocol Daemon) on it
will keep its clock perfectly synchronized to the correct time. And after a
day or two, ntpd will also adjust how fast your computer's clock runs so it
does not waver.

It is not difficult to set up, but you can post to this list if you have
any problems.

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz
rpaiz at simpaticus.com