(OT) Mail got blocked because of SORBS/DYNABLOCK

Reuben D. Budiardja techlist at voyager.phys.utk.edu
Thu Apr 1 04:18:12 UTC 2004

On Wednesday 31 March 2004 09:06 pm, Ed Wilts wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 31, 2004 at 03:39:08PM -0500, Reuben D. Budiardja wrote:
<snip>

> DUL = Dialup User List
>
> Basically what is happening is that the SMTP server is using a
> dynamically assigned IP address. <snip>

No, my SMTP server is not in dial up, it's static. OK, let me try to explain
my question again.

A friend of mine uses dial-up/cable with his ISP (Bellsouth). He uses MS
Outlook client. I gave him account on my mail server (has static IP, SMTP
Auth, IMAP). I told him to put in my mail server domain name as the SMTP
server when setting up MS Outlook.
Then, he sent email, he got tagged as RECV_IN_DYNABLOCK. Why?

I use Kmail on my desktop (which is different than the mail server), I put in
this same mail server domain as my SMTP, and I tried sending email to the
same address that he tried. My email did not trigger any rule.

So that confuses me. If he's using my SMTP server, he should not get tagged,
regardless of his IP, cause he's using a legit SMTP server (which is mine, on
static domain). Could someone tell me what I am missing?

Thanks a lot for the replies.

RDB
--
Reuben D. Budiardja