wget replacement?

Steve Buehler steve at ibapp.com
Thu Apr 1 14:42:28 UTC 2004

Does anybody know of a replacement for wget that will work as well as wget,
but will not have the file size limit problem?  wget can't get a file that
is bigger than 2gigs in size.  On the wget mail list, it is reported as a
bug by some and as just a feature request by others.  I am trying to mirror
an ftp directory for a client so they can have a backup, but one file stops
the wget download process.  I can't find a way to exclude that one file
from the wget download so now I have to see if there is another program out
there that can work as well.  Here is the command that I use.  Yes, I have
replaced the server IP with a fictious one.  The actual IP is for an
internet IP.

wget --passive-ftp --mirror --no-host-directories --cut-dirs=1
--directory-prefix=/home/SHARE1/ 'ftp://login:password@192.168.1.1/SHARE1/'

Thanks
Steve