Ethernet Trunking

Tobias Speckbacher tobias at quova.com
Thu Apr 1 17:32:32 UTC 2004

Trunking in linux is referred to as interface bonding.

You should just be able to grab a kernel that supports bonding and
compile it with proper support.  I just checked 2.4.25 on kernel.org and
it does have bonding support.  From what I read in the docs 2.4.12 and
newer come with bonding support so you probably just have to compile
support into the kernel you currently have.

The best source of documentation for installation and configuration I
have found is in the kernel Doc folder.

/usr/src/linux-2.4.xx/Documentation/networking/bonding.txt

I have found it to be pretty trivial to up and running.

Cheers,

Tobias