Suexec: cannot run as forbidden guid

Ryan Golhar golharam at umdnj.edu
Fri Apr 2 03:37:29 UTC 2004

Hoping someone can help me with this....

I have RedHat 9 running an a web server for several people.  I used to
put them in a group called pausers, but recently changed to a central
server using NIS.

They have their own public_html directories with a cgi-bin directory as
well.  All the users belong to the group 'users' with the GID of 100.

I started getting this error whenever a cgi script to called in the
suexec log:

Uid: (501/golharam) gid: (100/100) cmd: test.cgi
Cannot run as forbidden gid (100/test.cgi)

I created a new group called webapps with GID of 500 and chown'd the cgi
file to golharam:webapps but still get the error message.

I'm not even aware that I set up suexec.  I want the script to run a
'apache' which is what the web server is running as.  How can I keep the
scripts as apache:apache?

-----
Ryan Golhar
Computational Biologist
The Informatics Institute at
The University of Medicine & Dentistry of NJ

Phone: 973-972-5034
Fax: 973-972-7412
Email: golharam at umdnj.edu