Samba browser fail

crucificator at xnet.ro crucificator at xnet.ro
Sat Apr 3 22:16:29 UTC 2004

> Everything is inside the firewall.  Besides, it was all working before I
> reinstalled RH 7.3.
> The smb.conf was copied from the previous install.  I am part way through
> apt-getting the latest upgrades, but this problem shows up in log.nmbd
> immediately after the re-install from the RH 7.3 boxed set.
>
> I have a number of odd problems here at the moment, and the only common
> factor appears to be me.  Scary ...
>
> Thanks,
> Peter

What do you mean by everything is inside the firewall? Please answer
straight answers like the firewall is on another machine or any other
scientific-like reason why the SMB traffic shouldn't be disturbed by an
firewall. If you'd like help, of course.
What is your net topology? Do you have a Windows PDC? because from what I
see in your config the domain controller is *not* your samba server.
But from:

nmbd/nmbd_become_lmb.c:become_local_master_stage2(404)

I see that your samba isn't challenged for the Domain Master function and
gets ellected wich means your (eventually) Win PDC is not operational.

I have one more question: what is the output from
ps -A|grep nmbd ? I think it is running but just to be sure.

Connex scaneaza automat toate mesajele impotriva virusilor folosind RAV AntiVirus.
Connex automatically scans all messages for viruses using RAV AntiVirus.

Nota: RAV AntiVirus poate sa nu detecteze toti virusii noi sau toate variantele lor.
Pentru a inlatura efectele nedorite si din dorinta de a va oferi in permanenta servicii
de cea mai buna calitate mesajele detectate ca fiind infectate vor fi sterse automat .
Va rugam sa luati in considerare ca exista un risc de fiecare data cand deschideti
fisiere atasate si ca MobiFon nu este responsabila pentru nici un prejudiciu cauzat de
virusi.

Disclaimer: RAV Antivirus may not be able to detect all new viruses and variants. In
order to remove  unwanted effects and to continuously provide quality services all
infected e-mails will be automatically deleted .Please be aware that there is a risk
involved whenever opening e-mail attachments to your computer and that MobiFon is not
responsible for any damages caused by viruses.