ARG: mod_jk2 with apache2 on redhat 9

Keg redhat at zulu420.com
Sat Apr 3 16:43:03 UTC 2004

Has anyone gotten mod_jk2 to build on apache with ANY options at all. It
keeps trying to build for apache 1.3, even though I have removed RH's
sloppy http packages. I manually built apache 2.x and it has been
running well on a busy server for several months.

Trying to build mod_jk2 however, it keeps wanting to build apr for
apache 1.3, even though I am building EXACTLY as the mod_jk2
documentation says too. This is likely another RH 9 related problem as I
have built this find on a multitude of other platforms.

cd /usr/local/httpd-2.0.48/bin

ls -l apxs
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        24788 Mar  2 12:07 apxs

./configure --with-apxs2=/usr/local/httpd-2.0.48/bin/apxs

checking for perl... /usr/bin/perl
building connector for "apache-2.0"
checking checking for apache13...... not provided
checking checking for apache20...... not provided
checking checking for iis...... not provided
checking checking for iPlanet...... not provided
checking for tomcat33 location... not provided
checking for tomcat40 location... not provided
checking for tomcat41 location... not provided
configure: error: Apache 1.3 requires apr to built from source, use
--with-apr and --with-apr-util

As you can see it finds all the apache2 components it needs correctly.
The next two lines are for static installation and not specified, which
is displays correctly. Continuing on down, you see that it now thinks it
is building for apache13 even though there is not a single apache 1.3
file anywhere in the filesystem. I began to dig into the configure files
but met a cludge of sloppy code, poorly indented code making it nearly
impossible to follow the logic.

Just wondering if anyone has gotten this to work on RH 9. Or if anyone
knows about any more orgranized and robust tomcat connectors for apache.

Thx,
keg