Migration question

Michael Sullivan msulli1355 at tulsacoxmail.com
Sat Apr 3 22:08:14 UTC 2004

I have RH9 installed on my two computers.  On April 30 the support life
cycle for RH9 will end.  I think my main computer is OK with RH9, but my
server runs Apache, SMTP and POP3 servers, so it has to have those ports
open to the outside and I want to keep it as secure as possible.  I
don't really want to use Fedora because I don't have the experience or
the talent in programming to give back to the Linux community, but I
also can't afford Red Hat Enterprise - the lowest price I saw for
Enterprise was over a hundred dollars ($179?).  I can't afford that.  I
make $600 a month, and that's barely enough to live on.  The US economy
is horrible; there are no jobs.  Is there a free version of Red Hat
Enterprise?  What are my options?
-Michael Sullivan-