Dell Inspiron 9100, RH 9.0 & XFree86

Link King king at kinger.net
Sun Apr 4 16:29:22 UTC 2004

Ok, I've been looking on various forums trying to find the answer to this
but no luck so far. I'm running Red Hat 9.0 on my new Inspiron 9100 and
have X Windows working but it's using the generic VESA driver and the
"Dell 1600x1200 laptop display" which of course isn't right. I'm trying to
get the full 1920x1200 and all the appropriate drivers. Are they out
there?

First off, does anyone have the specs for the WUXGA display. Specifically,
the horizontal and vertical sync and refresh rates so I can set those up
appropriately. Secondly and most importantly, what driver should I be
using and where can I find it? I've tried various configurations using
ATI's download but it appears that they don't have anything for Linux for
this video card yet.

Anyone have any luck getting X Windows setup properly with this hardware?

--
Link King
king at kinger.net