Fwd: Please confirm your email for brent at mailstation.us

Joe(theWordy)Philbrook jtwdyp at ttlc.net
Tue Apr 6 08:52:05 UTC 2004

It would appear that on Apr 5, Anthony E. Greene did say:

> On 01-Apr-2004/17:58 +0000, "Joe(theWordy)Philbrook" <jtwdyp at ttlc.net> wrote:
> >>
> >> Unfortunately, not every mail client's as good as pine.
> >
> >Of course not. After all pine is simply the "best" mail client. <chuckle>
> >I'm especially fond of it's letting me choose vim to compose with... I
> >haven't found the editor's attached to most gui mail clients nearly so
> >user friendly. <grin> Though I suppose it's possible that some of them
> >may let me select an alternate editor?
>
> I alternated between pine and various GUI mailers for a long time... then
> I found mutt. For a power mail user who's fairly good with a keyboard,
> mutt is the way to go. Pine is okay, but mutt is the Real Thing. Accept
> no substitutes.  ;-)
>
> Tony

Well maybe... I'll admit to having glanced only briefly at mutt. I
didn't try to actually set it up, just glanced at it's interface. And
quickly decided that IF I stopped using pine, I'd think about it...

Which is more than I can say for ANY of the gui mailers...

I've been using pine on various systems for so long now that I'd have a
hard time adjusting. Heck even though I don't LIKE to go there much, I
even put pcpine in my windows partition just so that I could have nearly
the same interface everyplace.

But mutt does seam to have a following... Tell me, how well does mutt do at
having multiple inbox folders???? [I have 3 remote pop, 1 remote imap,
& my local spool inbox. plus several ~/mail/folders]