Moving into Linux Enterprise- Doubts/questions

María Viola Deambrosis mviola at anda.com.uy
Tue Apr 6 20:23:18 UTC 2004

Thanks a lot for your quick answer!!

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Norman Elton
  To: General Red Hat Linux discussion list
  Sent: Tuesday, April 06, 2004 5:05 PM
  Subject: Re: Moving into Linux Enterprise- Doubts/questions

  Maria,

  RedHat Enterprise Installations require a full rebuild, there's no upgrade path into RHEL. Once you're at RHEL, subsequent releases won't require drastic measures.

  I installed RHEL 3 on a PowerEdge 2650, and had horrible times with the RAID driver. If your server runs the Perc3/Di driver, you'll want to do a little research before plunging into RHEL. There's a good website available for this, go to linux.dell.com. You can find a mailing list where people discuss this issue constantly.

  Good luck,

  Norman

  Norman Elton
  College of William & Mary