Upgrade Shrike to EL AS v3 failed

Ed Wilts ewilts at ewilts.org
Wed Apr 7 11:38:42 UTC 2004

On Tue, Apr 06, 2004 at 02:22:19PM -0400, Ryan Golhar wrote:
> I just performed an upgrade of a RedHat 9 server to RedHat Enterprise
> Linux AS v3 and it looks like it went okay.

This isn't supported and I'm surprised you got this far.

> When I look at /etc/redhat-release, it says "Red Hat Linux release 9
> (Shrike)" though.  When I type in 'uname -a' is says I'm using
> 2.4.21-9.EL kernel.  I then ran rhn_register again to see what would
> happen, and it still thinks its RedHat 9.

Pretty much everything is driven from the redhat-release file.  Install
the redhat-release rpm (it's CD 1 I think) and run up2date again.  You
should (hopefully) be able to pick up the rest of the stuff that didn't
happen right.

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts at ewilts.org