Determining the interface kickstart will used during the build when there a more than one

T Jackson jacksoto at ameritech.net
Wed Apr 7 18:09:41 UTC 2004

Does anyone know how to determine which network card
red hat installer will assign eth1, eth2, etc to when
performing a kickstart installation?
Example
I have a machine with 3 network cards and I want to
install Red Hat over the network using kickstart so I
do not have to enter any information.

Now I am able to perform the installation using
pxelinux / dhcp / nfs /ftp when I only have one
network interface in the machine but when I try to
build a machine with multiple network interfaces I am
either prompted to select a interface (which is a big
problem when all the interfaces are the same brand
/model) or the installation falls through to the menu
for.

Any ideals how I can determine the interface so I know
what parameter to feed the install through the
“ksdevice” option?