Burning a customised bootable cd

Steve steve at focb.co.nz
Wed Apr 7 21:38:07 UTC 2004

Hey there,

This is actually being done with fedora, but judging from the error its
more an isolinux thing and pertains to redhat 8/9 (after looking on
google)

I am trying to add a kickstart file along with additional data that i need
copied to a hard drive post install onto the bootable cd (disk 1) of a
Fedora install set - using winISO (i dont have ready access to a linux box
with cd burning tools but intend on fixing that today) I add teh files to
the iso image, save the image out and burn it. however, when the burn
completes the isolinux boot claims that I have a bad CRC error and doesnt
present me with a boot menu.

After doing a bit of research I've found that this is most likely because
the location of the boot image on the cd has changed and isolinux cant
find it in the place it expects and so the boot process fails.

Has anyone had experience in creating a bootable custom linux install cd ?
and if so - how did they get the darn thing to boot ?

--
Steve.