Migrating from RH9 to RHPW?

Ed Wilts ewilts at ewilts.org
Thu Apr 8 00:09:39 UTC 2004

On Wed, Apr 07, 2004 at 07:41:26PM -0400, Bill Diamond wrote:
> Okay, so I'm looking very hard at this Red Hat offer to switch my
> subscription over the Professional Workstation.

RHPW is technically identical to RHEL WS.

The link to a migration whitepaper on migrating from RHL to RHEL is at
http://www.redhat.com/whitepapers/rhel/RHL_to_RHEL_Overview.pdf

The recommended approach is to to back up your existing system, do a
fresh install, and then reconfigure.  Some of your configuration files
can likely came straight back from tape if you're at RHL 9 now.

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts at ewilts.org