Migrating from RH9 to RHPW?

Ryan Golhar ryangolhar at verizon.net
Thu Apr 8 01:58:45 UTC 2004

Hi Bill,

I'm upgrading several boxes at the moment.  At first I thought I could
upgrade them, and actually installed Enterprise linux over RedHat 9.  It
didn't install the redhat-release package so I did that manually and it
seems okay.  Then, I found out that you can't upgrade to Enterprise
Linux so I'm waiting to see what happens with that machine.  As for the
others, I'm simply rebuilding them by reinstall.  It works exactly the
way RedHat 9 does..

Any configuration files, save them before you reinstall and you should
be okay...

-----
Ryan Golhar
Computational Biologist
The Informatics Institute at
The University of Medicine & Dentistry of NJ

Phone: 973-972-5034
Fax: 973-972-7412
Email: golharam at umdnj.edu