Script to turn off unneeded services

j.travis skynet at psinode.com
Fri Apr 9 00:13:49 UTC 2004

So if I issue "chkconfig --add someservice" it will add according to
runlevels listed in /etc/init.d/someservice header but if I issue
chkconfig someservice on it will set someservice to 3,4+5.  Is this
correct?

Interesting to note: "chkconfig --add ipop3" seems to be accepted at the
command line (but accomplish nothing) while "chkconfig ipop3 on" works
(after xinetd is restarted).