Newbie Needs Bastille/PerlTK Help

Tobias Speckbacher tobias at quova.com
Fri Apr 9 19:45:12 UTC 2004

You can install it via cpan. Or you just grab the one he has listed on
the bastille site. http://www.bastille-linux.org/perl-rpm-chart.html

If you go the cpan route, in case you are not familiar with it.

perl -MCPAN -e shell #this starts the cpan interface

if you haven't configured it before you will have to go through the
steps now, accepting the defaults should work ok.

Select a server that fits for your location.

Once you get to the cpan> prompt simply type

cpan>install Tk

This should get the download started, it's a pretty big package so the
build can take a while.

If you want to use the curses interface ... executing
'InteractiveBastille -c' should get you into that and
'InteractiveBastille -x' for Tk mode. If I recall correctly you have to
add a switch to get into the Tk part of things.  In any case
InteractiveBastille --help should get you what you need.

Hope this helps,

-Tobias