imap access

roger2 roger2 at rogernet.net
Thu Apr 15 10:41:13 UTC 2004

On 14 Apr 2004 22:06:00 -0500, Michael Sullivan
<msulli1355 at tulsacoxmail.com> wrote:

> I'd like to write a java applet that will allow users of my domain who
> aren't at my location to be able to check their email from off the
> website.  We have successful POP access, but not everyone can be at
> there own computer when they need to check their email.  I went into
> /etc/xinetd.d on our server computer into the files imap and imaps and
> changed the disabled option to no.  I need to know if there's anything
> else I need to do to make this work (besides call the ISP and ask them
> to add imap.espersunited.com to there nameservers)?
> -Michael Sullivan-

This assumes you are running a system with the correct items on it.
If you have Apache see if have squrriel mail (I might have spelt it
wrongly).
That should do what you require with very lettle setup.
in fact search the archive for the time I was given the same answer that
should cover all you need.
My RH9 mail / web server is running it OK.
Regards Roger