How to setup smtp auth

Chris Mason lists at masonc.com
Fri Apr 16 13:22:32 UTC 2004

I have a redhat 9 server. I want to faciliate our zaurus pda users on WiFi
hotspots so I need to allow roaming users to access smtp. To this end I need
to setup auth to prevent spammers.

Everything I have read about setting up smtp_auth requires TLS but I don't
want encryption as the zaurus email client does not support it. Can anyone
give me a simple step by step explanation usinf the sendmail.mc
configuration macros to set up plain or login auth?

Chris Mason
masonc at masonc.com
Box 340, The Valley, Anguilla, British West Indies
Tel. (264) 497-5670 - Cell: (264) 235-5670
Fax: (264) 497-8463 - US Fax (815)301-9759
Yahoo IM: netconcepts_anguilla at yahoo.com