iptables confusion

Jason Staudenmayer jasons at NJAQUARIUM.ORG
Fri Apr 16 20:45:13 UTC 2004

it would be the destination.
-----Original Message-----
From: Jeff [mailto:jeff at virgin.net]
Sent: Friday, April 16, 2004 4:31 PM
To: redhat-list at redhat.com
Subject: iptables confusion

Hi All,

Quick question regarding iptables - I have traffic shaping set up and need
to change the rules below. I need to give people accessing my website a
LOWER priority than me accessing external sites. I.E - requests coming into
this box on port 80 need a lower priority than my outbound requests on port
80.

I know i need to change one of the following lines but not sure how iptables
works out source and destination ports.

Current ruleset gives ALL http traffic a high priority...

iptables -t mangle -A POSTROUTING -p tcp -m tcp --dport 80 -j MARK
--set-mark 0x5

iptables -t mangle -A POSTROUTING -p tcp -m tcp --sport 80 -j MARK
--set-mark 0x5

which line needs changing?

Thanks

Jeff