How to setup smtp auth

Reuben D. Budiardja techlist at voyager.phys.utk.edu
Fri Apr 16 21:25:08 UTC 2004

On Friday 16 April 2004 03:46 pm, Chris Mason wrote:
> Yes, I have:
> define(`confAUTH_OPTIONS', `A')dnl
> TRUST_AUTH_MECH(`DIGEST-MD5 CRAM-MD5 LOGIN PLAIN')dnl
> define(`confAUTH_MECHANISMS', `DIGEST-MD5 CRAM-MD5 LOGIN PLAIN')dnl

hmm.. now that I tried using different authentication with Kmail, I just found
out that my SMTP server also only can authenticate PLAIN and LOGIN. CRAM-MD5
and DIGEST-MD5 does not work.
And I don't know the solution to that.

Back to your original question tho, does Zaurus support SMTP authentication?
My SL-5500 zaurus does not support it, at least not the email client that
comes with it. Can you use different authentication method (either PLAIN or
LOGIN)? I know it's not exactly the solution you're looking for, but it's
probably a temporary workaround.

RDB

--
Reuben D. Budiardja