How to setup smtp auth

Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz at simpaticus.com
Sat Apr 17 19:21:59 UTC 2004

At 07:53 4/16/2004, you wrote:
>On Friday 16 April 2004 09:22 am, Chris Mason wrote:
> > I have a redhat 9 server. I want to faciliate our zaurus pda users on WiFi
> > hotspots so I need to allow roaming users to access smtp. To this end I
> > need to setup auth to prevent spammers.
>
>I followed this and have it running in short time:
>
>http://www.simpaticus.com/linux/sendmail-smtp-auth-howto.php
>
>This is written by Rodolfo Pais, our own list member.

Thanks for the reference. FYI, the last name is "Paiz" but pronouned "pice"
as in "spice" or "nice".

If I may make a small request, it is better to point people to this URL:

http://www.simpaticus.com/linux

That way they can see on arrival that there are three other documents on
the site which I am working to improve, and hopefully then they will get
more benefit out of Simpaticus. I have found from the logs that many people
who are pointed directly to the SMTP AUTH page do not explore, and thus
they do not realize that there are other documents on the site.

Cheers!

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz
rpaiz at simpaticus.com