Ping Driving me Crazy....

Harry hari76 at omantel.net.om
Sun Apr 18 23:51:01 UTC 2004

Hi All,

Well let me add something more, this has started happening since a couple of
days,do any of you think it could be bcos Eth1 which is the Internal
Interface is  getting clogged with the number of requests that are coming
from the Windows Clients?and morever bcos of the Blaster Virus and
Vulnerablities on Ports 135:139, the network may be getting jammed and hance
not accepting the ping requests!Therefore is it wise to increase the Buffer
Limits of TCP requests ?If yes can I know how it can be done?

I have also attached the Firewall script that I am using.

And Yah cant be a Rj 45/switch issue bcos I am using a Cisco Catalyst 2900
switch, which is fairly a great switch to have.

Your thoughts on this will be helpful.

Harry

"In all this world, there is only you
When all else ceases, there is only you"
-- to my MASTER!
    Harish
harish at sabnanis.com
harish.sabnani at cyberhutoman.com