Ping issue.

N. Z. nizan1372 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 19 16:57:13 UTC 2004

Hello.

I have a server running Fedora Core release 1 (Yarrow)
and I can't seem to ping the box. The server is up,
accessible and running fine but one of our monitoring
checks uses ping to see if the box is up. When logged
into the box, pinging 127.0.0.1 doesnt' work either:

# ping 127.0.0.1

--- 127.0.0.1 ping statistics ---
90 packets transmitted, 0 received, 100% packet loss,
time 89013ms

I have another box with the same install and setup and
it responds to pings. I am not sure where to check or
how do go about resovling this.

Any questions, comments, suggestions appreciated.

Thanks !